A Day with Daddy

Samantha got to have a special day with just her Daddy. Tim's father had to go to Baltimore for work and was missing Samantha something horrible so we decided that to have Samantha waiting for him as he exited the terminal. I'm sure Pop pop was very happy to see her. I know she was because we had spending lots of time hanging out with grandam while he was away. Samantha keep asking for him and wanted to go look up stairs because he might just be sleeping in his bed. Sorry Sammy, I think grandma would know if he was snoozing in bed.
After gathering Pop pop and making it back to the car Tim took his parents to a new restaurant we recently discovered called Hibachi Grill. So apparently they had a pretty kooky waitress who decided she needed to help Samantha eat. Tim tells the story very ..so here goes. She came over with a plastic fork and spoon and began feeding Samantha some lo main . She gave her several bites and then reached for her juice and held her head as she proceeded to give Samantha a drink. Apparently Tim and his parents had no idea how to respond to this so they responded the best they could " uh Thank you?"
I'm kinda of glad I wasn't there, I'm not sure how I would have responded to this. Samantha is a pretty good eater and does a great job feeding herself. I'm only guessing that she had Sammy's best interests in mind. If you don't know her you would not know that she was almost two so she must have been thinking the poor kid was being ignored and not getting fed like a baby should. Odd...YES! I'm just going to assume she likes babies and enjoyed having a child that would let her do this.
You should ask Tim to re tell this story, because he is a much better story teller then I am!
So while Samantha was out having fun with her Daddy I was back at home having some nice one on one time with Chase, the little boy I watch a few days a week. We had a great time hiding and finding Easter eggs, blowing bubbles, and reading books. I don't get to have a lot of one on one with Chase so I really enjoy the times we do. Chase gets very excited when he can have my full attention because that means more fun and we don't have to wait and take turns. It made for a nice quiet day!
After having such a nice day with Tim Samantha really didn't want him to leave for his shift at work. I can't say I blame her, I didn't really want him to go either But I know this job will be ending soon as it is his work study job. Tim didn't want to leave but he knew he had to and we made it very hard for him. Samantha ran to the door crying so Tim bent down to give her a hug. She was holding o to him so tight! To make it even harder the cat started in and went to go get some loving ..she has been supper clingy to Tim and enjoyed taking a nap with him on the couch just minutes before. So all of us girls are missing Tim and want this school year to be over...and after today we know Tim wants the same thing. Let the count down begin!

Comments

Popular Posts