Look what I can Do!

Sammy has mastered pulling up to her feet! She loves to be standing and tries to pull up on everything. It's a lot fun to watch as she does this because she concentrates so hard she gets little wrinkles on her forehead. Pulling up on the highchair is her preferred activity of most of the day. Its like a little baby gym she goes and works out at. Bed time and Nap time have also been affected. She thinks it's more fun to stand then sleep.

... But with all this new standing there has come more screaming! Standing up is only fun until you want to sit, but how do you sit??? Samantha is still working this one out. Most of the time she screams for help but we have caught her trying out several other ways too. The worst is when she decided that she can just let go of what ever she is holding onto. This always ends in tears and a looks that say "What just happened to me?!?" Another common way it to just gracefully fall while still holding on with one hand. I feel like she does this one pretty well unless there is something hard where she falls. She has managed to plop down to her bottom once but has not been able to recreate its occurrence again.

Here is Samantha attempting to use the walker like her friend Chase!


Like father like daughter!
These two could sleep all day long!!! If sleeping was an Olympic sport Sammy and Tim would take gold! Sammy likes to sleep for her daddy and often doesn't want me to help her get to sleep. Must be a father daughter thing because I just don't get it. She could be so incredibly tired but will not fall asleep for me, Tim walks in and in 30 seconds he has her down for the night!!!
The same is true for Saturday mornings. Tim wakes up when Sammy wakes so he goes and makes up a bottle for her. When she is all done with her bottle the two of them snuggle under the covers and sleep until about 11 am!!! I've tried on a few occasions to be a part of the cuddle but often I get clawed at with baby nails or worse I get the baby stink eye! So I take this time to cuddle with Lady Cat and enjoy watching my two favorite people snooze away! I LOVE Saturday mornings!

Here is Sammy curled up with Tim for a morning snooze on the couch!

next picture really makes me smile. Samantha has a few stuffed animals in her bed to play and cuddle with. I know they aren't supposed to be in there because she could suffocate but She has always had something to snuggle with. I guess it was different when she was in the NICU with the 24 hr. monitoring. But hey good news, I think I can take them out now. Who needs stuffed animals to cuddle with when you have your crib bumper!?! This is what we saw the other day when we went to check on her during a nap:

We all need someone or something to cuddle with!

Comments

Popular Posts